My New Red Shoes works to improve the educational experience and quality of life of homeless and low-income students in our community. We are seeking passionate, committed, and talented individuals to join our team.
+ Development Manager
The Development Manager is responsible for seeking, securing and stewarding funding from individual, corporate and foundation donors at My New Red Shoes.
Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Development Manager is primarily responsible for creating, administering, and implementing the organization's annual and long-term development plan. This includes developing and implementing a growth strategy for the future, organizing outreach efforts, cultivating and stewarding existing and new relationships with individuals, corporations and foundations, and conducting research on funder priorities.
Annually, the Development Manager writes and tracks grant proposals to corporate and foundation donors for general and programmatic support and fulfills institutional proposal and reporting requirements. In addition, the position develops, oversees and drives the success of the organization’s appeal campaigns. Additionally, he/she executes the details of all fundraising events.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages and conducts prospect research to identify and solicit new sources of institutional funding while identifying and cultivating strategic relationships
- Crafts and submits compelling letters of intent (LOIs) and grant proposals
- Solicits and secures corporate donations (cash and in-kind) and sponsorships for signature events (e.g. Annual Golf Tournament, Annual Fashion Show) and introductory events (breakfasts, ‘lunch and learns’ and house party events.)
- Works individually with Board members to identify and cultivate their contacts
- Oversees all special events and/or volunteer opportunities geared to cultivate and steward institutional donors
- Ensures appropriate stewardship activities in compliance with institutional grants received
- Analyzes institutional donation trends, creates donation analysis, and provides donor/donation information for the Executive Director and Board on a regular basis
- Supports affiliate and satellite offices with all fundraising activities
- Makes entries in and maintains ownership of corporate and foundation data in donor database system
- Maintains tracking systems for grant deadlines, contextual information and past organizational history
- Ensures for the provision of appropriate tax receipts/thank you letters, grant funding reports, and other communications for institutional donors
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge and understanding of all program activities, priorities and outcomes
- Identifies the theme, logistics and execution of all major donor and individual appeals (end-of-year and back-to-school)
- Conceptualizes, proposes and oversees the creation of printed collateral pieces including the Annual Report
- Collaborates with the staff on the content, design and publishing of monthly e-newsletters, website content, and social media communications
- Reviews all important outgoing communications in accordance with My New Red Shoes' communications policy
- Passion for My New Red Shoes’ mission
- Minimum of five (5) years of fund development experience including prospect research, cultivation, and proposal writing
- Proven experience cultivating major donors
- Proven experience with corporate partnership building
- Knowledge of Bay Area foundation and corporate funders
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Excellent computer skills and ability to learn and master new computer and software technology as needed
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize and manage concurrent deadlines
- Ability to multi-task and work quickly and accurately with strong attention to detail
- Proficiency with donor database software
- Competency in and comfort with self-directed problem solving
- Ability to perform well both independently and as part of a team
- Flexibility and resourcefulness
+ How to Apply
Please submit cover letter, current resume, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.